We are the scale-up that builds the financial services and payment experiences that users love!
As a pioneer and leader in Open Banking & Open Finance, we enable our 230 customers (fintechs, banks, insurance companies, SaaS solutions) to deliver exceptional experiences through our banking and payment connectivity API.
Neo-banks, investment apps, payment solutions, credit platforms, software editors: our API enables innovators to make everyday finance ever simpler, smoother and more accessible.
With the support of the Investment fund PSG Growth Equity (raising $35M in 2022), our ambition is to become the leader in Open Finance in Europe.
Powens is a multicultural team with 130 employees from all backgrounds. Four values are at the heart of our success:
- We are bold : we are audacious and value risk-taking ⚔️
- We are committed : we are engaged and involved in our daily work 🎯
- We work as a team : individualities are at the service of the collective 🤝
- We strive for the best : thinking things over is part of our culture 🚀
Job Description :
As a Python backend developer, you will join our BugBuster team whose mission is to ensure the proper functioning, maintenance and optimization of our API.
Your mission :
- Understanding of our technical stack and the open-source web scraping framework Woob (created by our co-founder Romain Bignon)
- Maintenance and development of connectors on a multitude of websites (banking, billing, e-commerce, wealth, finance, payments...)
- Participation in the various team rituals (stand-up meetings, weekly meetings...) to constantly improve and optimize the team's functioning
- Development of internal tools and contribution to projects to facilitate the work of the team
- Contribution to free software by developing evolutions of the Woob library
Profile and skills required :
- You are passionate about programming and have experience in Python development
- You have an appetence for web scraping and/or REST API development
- Knowledge of the HTTP protocol and notions of HTML and JSON,
- Use of Git and knowledge of Agile methods
- Experience with GNU/Linux operating systems
- Autonomy, proactivity, curiosity, desire to learn and to improve
- Team spirit, kindness, solidarity and good communication
- Fluent in French & English (a language test is provided as part of the recruitment process)
What we offer :
- Environment with many technical challenges
- 100% online health insurance (Alan),
- 25 holiday days + a minimum of 10 RTT days per year,
- Flexible remote working policy and IT equipments at your disposal,
- Swile meal ticket card (11€ per day),
- Office in the center of Paris (rue Beaubourg),
- Corporate events: team building, company parties, annual seminar ...
- Friendly working environment in the centre of Paris: Nintendo Switch, pastries...
Recruitment process :
- Technical test
- HR phone interview
- Technical interview with Engineering Manager and Lead Developer
- Cultural fit