We are the scale-up that builds the financial services and payment experiences that users love!
As a pioneer and leader in Open Banking & Open Finance, we enable our 230 customers (fintechs, banks, insurance companies, SaaS solutions) to deliver exceptional experiences through our banking and payment connectivity API.
Neo-banks, investment apps, payment solutions, credit platforms, software editors: our API enables innovators to make everyday finance ever simpler, smoother and more accessible.
With the support of the Investment fund PSG Growth Equity (raising $35M in 2022), our ambition is to become the leader in Open Finance in Europe.
Powens is a multicultural team with 130 employees from all backgrounds. Four values are at the heart of our success:
- We are bold : we are audacious and value risk-taking ⚔️
- We are committed :we are engaged and involved in our daily work 🎯
- We work as a team : individualities are at the service of the collective 🤝
- We strive for the best : thinking things over is part of our culture 🚀
You will join the Engineering department in a team of Python backend developers. We are looking to strengthen this team to face new challenges, including our international expansion as well as the development of new products and new functionalities.
Our current solution works with Werkzeug, Gearman, SQLAlchemy and MySQL technologies, and we are now in the process of renewing our stack with FastAPI, Celery, PostgreSQL and Kubernetes.
- Conception, development and optimization of our API and all the services/functionalities associated
- Participate in the technical design of the API, in collaboration with a Software Architect
- Development of the related functionalities, in collaboration with the other teams of the Engineering division (Web Scraping, Data Science, Analytics, Tooling, R&D and Front) and other Powens teams
- Ensure the consistency and quality of the code in production, you will participate in the code review of your peers on Gitlab.
Profile and qualities required
You have a minimum of 3 years experience as a backend Developer and are very interested in the design of APIs.
- A solid level in backend development in Python is essential
- Experience developing and maintaining REST APIs
- Mastery of FastAPI, Django or Flask API development frameworks
- Good knowledge of SQL databases and if possible of SQLAlchemy
- Mastery of Git and first experience in code peer-review
- Experience of working in Agile mode in relation with a Product Manager
- Autonomy, proactivity, able to propose simple solutions to complex problems
- Team spirit, kindness and good communication skills
- Passionate about programming and a tech enthusiast
What we offer:
- International work environment with many technical challenges
- 100% online health insurance (Alan),
- 25 holiday days + a minimum of 10 RTT days per year,
- Flexible remote working policy and IT equipments at your disposal,
- Swile meal ticket card (11€ per day),
- Office in the center of Paris (rue Beaubourg),
- Corporate events: team building, company parties, annual seminar ...
- Friendly working environment in the center of Paris: Nintendo Switch, pastries...
Recruitment Process :
- Technical test with Codingame
- HR phone interview
- Technical interview with an Engineering Manager and a Lead Developer
- “Culture fit” interview with the Product Manager and a team member