We are the scale-up that builds the financial services and payment experiences that users love!
As a pioneer and leader in Open Banking & Open Finance, we enable our 230 customers (fintechs, banks, insurance companies, SaaS solutions) to deliver exceptional experiences through our banking and payment connectivity API.
Neo-banks, investment apps, payment solutions, credit platforms, software editors: our API enables innovators to make everyday finance ever simpler, smoother and more accessible.
With the support of the Investment fund PSG Growth Equity (raising $35M in 2022), our ambition is to become the leader in Open Finance in Europe.
Powens is a multicultural team with 130 employees from all backgrounds. Four values are at the heart of our success:
We are bold: we are audacious and value risk-taking ⚔️
We are committed: we are engaged and involved in our daily work 🎯
We work as a team: individualities are at the service of the collective 🤝
We strive for the best: thinking things over is part of our culture 🚀
As a Business Development Director, you will be responsible to open Italy as a new country for Powens and lead our expansion in this country. You will be the face of Powens in Italy. As the primary responsible, you will craft the vision for expansion Go To Market, leveraging all the assets the company has built with our 230 customers (platform, brand, customer base, use cases expertise,...). You will identify the best segments and use case to target to capture the first quick win and quickly increase Powens footprint in the country.
This role will report into the group Chief Revenue Officer. This position requires exceptional communication and commercial skills, a self-starter attitude and a passion to evangelize Open Banking in the Italian market.
- Define and execute our local Go To Market
- Act as Chief Evangelist in Italy to create awareness about Open Banking
- Develop strategic partnerships with key operational and growth partners, regulators in the region
- Be Powens ambassador in the media space and at regional trade fairs and congresses, bolstering the interest in our solutions
- Set up the operations in the Italian market from scratch to scale
- Generate leads and drive sales cycles to achieve quota
- Manage sales conversations and evangelization with both fintech and big banking and insurance financial institutions
Profile and skills required:
- 10+ years of experience in sales and business development
- Ability to develop and implement a business expansion plan
- Experienced in selling new Fintech technologies with a SaaS business model
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you want to see your topics grow
- Willingness to get your hands dirty to deliver results
- Enjoying taking on new challenges and having a talent to arouse curiosity in customers
- Ability to communicate and present effectively
- Bilingual/native Italian, fluent English, French is a plus
- Experience as a country manager for an international business or as an entrepreneur creating a business from scratch is a plus
What we offer:
- Attractive package
- Great latitude to create and implement our Go To-Market-Strategy in Italy
- Flexible remote working policy and IT equipments at your disposal,
- Position based in Italy
- Corporate events: team building, company parties, annual seminar ...
- HR phone interview
- Online interview with the CRO
- Case study with CRO and CEO
- Cultural fit with CPO