A pioneer and market leader in Embedded Finance, Unnax is committed to supporting financial players in designing services and payment experiences that users love.
Headquartered in Barcelona, Unnax is at the forefront of the Banking-as-a-Service and Open Finance movements in Europe and Latin America. Our mission is to offer banking technology as a service to any company aiming to enhance user experience and operational efficiency. We achieve this through our API-based regulated solutions covering Bank accounts, Payment solutions, Open Banking / Finance, and more.
A Spanish Electronic Money Institution, Unnax is a rapidly growing fintech company, holding passports to operate in all European countries.
We are a trusted partner to the top financial industry players and software editors in Europe, and we have achieved this by scouting the best talents. Joining Unnax means being a part of an inclusive, multicultural, and international team of over 60 employees.
We are building a team that builds better banking. Apply now to take part in the future of finance!
As the first Lead Product Manager of Unnax, your function will be at the heart of the company’s organization and growth. You will directly report to the CPO and we expect you to reach the Head of Product position in less than two years.
As Lead PM, you will sit on top of the “BaaS and Payments” product direction, consisting of 3 squads with POs and Tech Leads. You will oversee the vision and roadmap for all the products developed and maintained by those squads, fostering a culture of user feedback, market understanding and iterative delivery.
A direct manager of up to five POs and/or PMs, the Lead PM will drive ambition through leadership, and leverage its people management skills to build long-term motivation and performance.
- Develop and share a deep understanding of what customers/end users do with your products; analyze usage data, collect their pains by conducting regular discovery interviews and work with Squads to articulate features to solve them
- Understand and share the bigger picture by analyzing the market, competition, and your customer’s use cases
- Leverage customer knowledge, market knowledge and product analytics to build and communicate a clear product vision and 1-2 year roadmap to all company stakeholders
- Provide support to POs to help them successfully prioritize their backlog and plan iterative deliveries
- Maintain a constant link between squads and external stakeholders to increase the teams’ business knowledge - don’t become a firewall
- Assist CSM, Sales and Marketing teams in product understanding, bring your knowledge to help articulate key messages and go-to-market strategies
- Maintain a healthy understanding of the regulatory and security framework around Unnax
- Showcase products internally: presentation of the product roadmap,new features, trainings, collaborate on documentation
Profile and skills required:
- Minimum 7 years experience as a Product Manager in a banking environment or fintech SaaS, including a minimum of 2 years as a manager of product people
- Practical knowledge of SEPA-based and/or Core Banking products.
- Fluent Spanish & English (written and spoken), French is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to summarize, adapt, and repeat
- Strong analytical rigor and organization skills: you’re able to ground your hypothesis on solid facts, even under pressure
- Confronted to the unknown, you can still use your instinct to make quick decisions in a complex and uncertain environment
- Pragmatic and result-oriented: you know that a technically perfect product that does not meet any needs is a useless product
- Sense of leadership: you know how to lead teams towards a clear vision
- Curious, critical thinker with well-argued opinions, you’re happy ot change your mind when confronted to better facts
- Love working with software engineers and other tech functions
- HR online interview
- Online interview with the Chief Product Officer
- Case study with the Chief Product Officer
- Online interview with Product Director
- Online interview with Chief People Officer
- 30-min chat with Group CEO
Unnax is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.. If reasonable accommodations are needed for the interview process, please let us know what you need and we will do our best to accommodate!